Please visit our career page to apply: https://misorobotics.com/careers/
|Position/Title||Senior Robotics Software Engineer in Test|
|Hiring Manager||Ryan Sinnet, CTO|
|Position Open||Aug 3, 2020|
Miso Robotics is transforming the restaurant industry and making a real impact on the world.
Miso Robotics is writing an epic new story for the restaurant industry. We’ve developed a robotic kitchen assistant, Flippy, that can perform a variety of kitchen tasks including flipping burgers and running the deep fryer. Our product is a robotic arm on a rail that fits into existing kitchens along existing cook lines and is designed to work with existing equipment alongside kitchen workers. Under the hood, Flippy relies on our platform which combines deep learning and other computer vision technologies with optimization-based scheduling and nonlinear control to adapt quickly to a variety of kitchen workflows, while achieving graceful and efficient motion.
The challenge of bringing robotics into commercial kitchens requires many disciplines to come together. The compositions of teams at Miso Robotics reflect this multidisciplinary nature of our work. We have built a world-class team and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us. If you believe, like we do, that the future of the kitchen involves robotics and artificial intelligence (HINT: It definitely does) and if you want to count yourself among the handful of lucky people who’ve found themselves with the opportunity to solve this problem, then Miso Robotics might be the right place for you!
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer in Test, you will use your expertise to lead the software QA effort for the robotics software which controls Flippy. In the near term, you will work with the system both in simulation and in the kitchen to help ensure high quality of the product for our upcoming deployment with White Castle, where Flippy will be operating the deep fryers. Software at Miso Robotics means working in the kitchen and getting your hands dirty, even if Flippy does the heavy lifting.
For this role, you will work with developers to establish test cases for the system and then execute and document the results. An ideal candidate for this role will understand and appreciate the value of automation testing and will have a strong testing mindset. The ideal candidate will also have strong programming skills which will be leveraged to contribute to our software automation testing. This is a great opportunity for an experienced software engineer to get into an exciting area of robotics.
What You’ll Do
On a day to day basis, you will:
- Design, document and execute our software QA strategy and plan.
- Develop and run manual test cases to verify system functionality on Flippy in our test kitchens
- Verify software functionality in simulation and on the product
- Write automated integration and unit tests in C++ and Python
- Perform root cause analysis with gdb and other debugging tools
- Lead and represent all software QA at our daily software stand ups
- Participate in daily QA stand ups to share information about upcoming releases
- Maintain a reliable testing schedule and work with the team to expedite specific tests
- Maintain a detailed record of testing
- Disseminate relevant information to ensure undesirable test results are acted upon swiftly
- Update bug reports and pull requests
- Deploy and hand-off releases to our Product QA team for integration testing in our test kitchen
What You Need in Order to Succeed in this Role
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Computer Science or related Engineering
- 5+ years experience in software testing or development
- Strong understanding of testing principles
- Experience writing tests in C++ and Python
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong capacity to take ownership of the quality of the release
- Experience with git
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn at hyperspeed
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to make decisions autonomously
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency
- Experience working at a start-up
- Experience in C++11 or newer
- Experience using the Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience building complex software systems
- Experience working with robotic systems