03/31 update on the state of the lunar release.
Most of the packages mentioned in the previous post are now released, thanks to the maintainers! We have now 145 packages released in Lunar.
The list of packages, with no missing dependencies, can be found on the blocked_releases status page. If any of your packages is in this list, please consider making a release soon, especially if your packages are blocking other packages.
And the top priority packages to be released this week are… :drum_roll:
- octomap @ahornung
- navigation_msgs @mikeferguson
- diagnostics: @trainman419
- pcl_msgs + pcl_conversions + perception_pcl @Paul_Bovbel
- unique_identifier @joq
- rqt_common_plugins @dirk-thomas @ablasdel
- image_pipeline + image_transport_plugins + opencv_candidate + ecto (ecto_ros, ecto_opencv, ecto_image_pipeline ): @Vincent_Rabaud
- laser_pipeline + laser_filter + laser_assembler: @jon
Note to all maintainers: it is OK to do a first release with the current kinetic version of your packages and to iterate on it in the next few weeks. Remember to make an announcement here, if you make a later release that breaks ABI, to notify the maintainers of downstream packages.
Have a great weekend!