As a follow up on the meeting that Andrei (@razr) held at ROSCon, we propose having a kickoff meeting next week.
To find a time suitable for both Europe and the US West Coast we propose:
Thursday, November 17th,2022 @ 3pm UTC (4pm CEST / 10am ET / 7am PT)
Here is the link to join the meeting: [Launch Meeting - Zoom]
Here is a proposed agenda for what we may wish to cover:
- Brief Overview of the past work done by BMW Car IT and LG
- Existing support policies, Superflore tool, and Release Steps
- Proposals for Future Work:
- Supported Yocto Releases and ROS Distros Combinations
- Suggested Reference Hardware
- CI / CD Automation for Superflore and Regression Builds
- SDK Generation
- Support for extended capabilities like Qt, Gazebo, RViz, etc
- Open Discussion to provide Community Feedback
- Notably input on which boards, Yocto Releases, Packages, and ROS Distros
The work I have been doing getting full ros-image-world builds for Humble and Kirkstone done is nearly complete. Feedback on other important combinations is very valuable. Whether you are developing using ROS today or just casually interested in getting started, I’d be interested to hear your opinions.