Position: Senior Simulation Developer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Experience: 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience
Education: Degree in a related field
Division: OTTO Motors
About OTTO™ Motors (Division of Clearpath Robotics)
OTTO™ Motors is a growing, disruptive company, making material handling in industrial settings safer, easier, and more efficient through development of hardware and software that automates movement of goods in busy factories and warehouses. The company’s industry-leading self-driving technology provides automated and on-demand material handling in the most demanding industrial environments, spanning automotive, medical device, aerospace, logistics, and more. Customers trusting their mission-critical material handling needs to OTTO Motors include Fortune 100 brands GE, Toyota, and Caterpillar. For more information visit www.ottomotors.com.
About the Job
The OTTO Motors division of Clearpath is looking for a Simulation Developer to work in the Fleet Software Group.
The Fleet Software Group is responsible for the design, development and support of the Fleet Manager and software applications that allow our users to interact with, monitor and support their fleets of OTTO Autonomous Vehicles. This involves participation in the entire product workflow, from customer insight gathering, problem definition, solution proposals, application design, development and support.
For this role we are seeking an individual to develop & maintain software tools and assets used in our simulation stack. You will be working closely with other members of the DevOps, Vehicle Systems, Fleet software development teams as well as many other groups within OTTO Motors, in order to provide robust and easy-to-use solutions to the problems our employees & customers need to solve with their simulation environments and workflows.
For the role of Simulation Developer we are seeking an experienced developer to support, maintain, and extend robotic simulations in a full-stack simulation environment in a small team. Your work will directly support a variety of internal groups in testing, developing and training.
- Designing and developing new simulation tools and assets.
- Maintaining and extending existing simulation automation/deployment tools and assets.
- Improving useability and robustness of our simulation tool set.
- Writing internal documentation for new and existing simulation tools and assets.
- Troubleshooting simulation automation/deployment issues and bugs.
- Supporting development operations, internal tools, and infrastructure.
- Supporting development systems infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Developing, maintaining, and extending simulation plugins, both internal and upstream.
- Alerting the team and stopping the robots from starting their own revolution.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in software development in an enterprise environment.
- Object-oriented programming experience (C++).
- Working with Linux/Ubuntu based environments and scripting (Bash, Python 3.5+).
- Use of emplating formats and markup languages (e.g. XML, YAML, JSON).
- Using continuous integration (Jenkins/GitLab pipelines) and source control (Git).
- Diagnosing and narrowing down the source of issues.
- Working in a collaborative virtual environment, interfacing with other team members regularly, sharing knowledge via diagram, discussion, and example.
- Creating/maintaining virtual models & environments in a physics based simulator.
Bonus Points For:
- Other object-oriented programming experience (e.g. C#, Java)
- Experience with ROS / Robotics Systems.
- Experience with Gazebo/Unity/Unreal/Isaac simulation.
- Experience in 3D graphics software and programming.
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Nix
Clearpath is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact 1-800-301-3863.