PlotJuggler 1.8.3 Released. Time to upgrade!

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the availability of a new version of PlotJuggler, the tool that helps you visualize large amount of timeseries easily and intuitively.

https://github.com/facontidavide/PlotJuggler

If you already know PlotJuggler

If you have ever had any issue with bugs, crashes or large loading times, this is the right moment to upgrade and give to PlotJuggler a second chance.
This new version is faster and more stable; a large amount of bugs were recently fixed.

If you are new to PlotJuggler

PlotJuggler is a tool to visualize plots from recorded rosbags (offline) or from topics being published (realtime streaming). Think about it like “rqt_plot + rqt_bag on steroids”.
Its UI was specifically designed for those users which need to deal with hundreds (or even thousands) of timeseries; its ultimate goal is to enhance the ability of the developer to analyze data and debug his/her robotic software.
Take a look to the introductory video here: https://vimeo.com/214389001

PlotJuggler

Since you are here…

I developed 90% of PlotJuggler in my spare time; the project is not supported by any private or public funding (i.e., I am not paid to develop or maintain PlotJuggler).
Debugging robotic software is hard and I hope PlotJuggler makes it a little bit easier; this is my way to give back to our amazing ROS community.
If you have any suggestion for improvement, you noticed any bug or just want to drop me a line, don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please, also answer this question to give me an idea of how many people use this package.

Have you ever used PlotJuggler? How often?

• I have never used it
  • I use it sporadically
  • I frequently use it

0 voters

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all your work on this project!
It is tremendously useful and our lab uses it pretty much every day.

The best part of open source robotics development in projects is not the cool setups people are paid for,
it’s the tools developed on the side that everyone has at their fingertips once the project is over…
Assuming they are maintained well.

PlotJuggler fills a big gap in ROS with a wonderful implementation (and has great support in my experience :blush:)

PS: Also thanks for not calling it “Harry Plotter” :sunglasses: