Preparing for Noetic sync 2020-07-03

Hello Noetic maintainers!

Starting now, I will be holding new Noetic ros/rosdistro release PRs with a plan to sync ROS Noetic packages to the main apt repo on 2020/07/03. Please comment here if there are any issues I should know about before performing the sync.

There are currently no regressions and 65 packages waiting to sync.

The sync is out :tada:

Now is a great time to release your packages for the next sync :slight_smile:

I am new to the ROS release process, so please be kind to me:

The Ubuntu bionic package is stuck at ros_comm 1.4.1, and some stability fixes were only released in ros_comm 1.4.4. Are there ever plans to update ros_comm past 1.4.1 in Noetic for Ubuntu bionic?

The Ubuntu bionic package is stuck at ros_comm 1.4.1, and some stability fixes were only released in ros_comm 1.4.4. Are there ever plans to update ros_comm past 1.4.1 in Noetic for Ubuntu bionic?

ROS Noetic is only available for Ubuntu Focal. Did you mean ROS Melodic? If so, I would recommend opening an issue asking for a new Melodic release. If you really mean ROS Noetic and Ubuntu Focal, then I would recommend commenting on this existing issue asking for a new ros_comm release in ROS Noetic.

Right. Thanks! Finger trouble on my part. A new Melodic release would be appreciated seeing that not everyone is over to Focal Fossa yet. As suggested, I opened an issue for this: https://github.com/ros/ros_comm/issues/1997