ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

ROS-I Developers' Meeting

I wanted to send a note to communicate a change in plans relative to the Developers’ Meeting.

For the Tuesday Meeting on the Nov 13th, I am going to say this meeting is cancelled for the time being.

Our next meeting is December 11, and I would like to offer some topics:

1. Ethernet/IP Interface
  2. Migration of ROS-I to Melodic
  3. Thoughts on ROS2 and ROS-Industrial

Please feel free to reply to this thread and if anyone is developing or working on something they would like to share and/or discuss, please post up!

Thanks and sorry for the late notice on the November meeting.

Matt Robinson
ROS-I Consortium Americas

For tomorrow’s meeting:

Levi Armstrong will discuss the recent Qt Creator ROS Release

Update on the Melodic Transition

ROS2 and ROS-I

Open Discussion

Preview of the January Topics and guest speaker

Thanks and see you there!

MR

John Wason of Wason Technologies will be sharing some of his recent developments relevant to ROS-Industrial.

Jan 8 - 10AM EST, 7AM Pacific, post up here if you do not currently have the developers’ meeting invite!

Hi Matt! I would love to join the next developer’s meeting! please invite me :slight_smile:
liron.achdut@gmail.com

Hello Everyone,

Joseph Schornak will be sharing an update on recent developments and planned improvements for the Yak repository. Yak is a library and ROS wrapper for Truncated Signed Distance Fields (TSDFs).

Please joint us February 12 at 9am CST, post here if you do not currently have the developers’ meeting invite!

Some of you have written me via PM about invites to the Developers’ Meeting. Soon we will be rolling out a new collaboration/screen share platform where we can post the meeting room and you should just be able to join. This will enable much more flexible participation. Thanks to all those that have inquired, and those that have to this point participated. Hopefully we can keep working out the kinks and get to a point where this is a community wide source of value!

Thanks,
Matt R.

I also wanted to make available the presentation by Joe Schornak @schornakj on his work related to YAK and TSDF for industrial applications. Thanks to those that attended!

TSDF Slides - ROS-I Dev Meeting.pdf (2.5 MB)