ROS M Turtle Naming Brainstorming

There do seem to be more geeky references than usual for M. Is there something about this letter?

Maniac Mockturtle :slight_smile:

+1 for Mecha Morenia
+1 for Mystic Mata mata

+1 for Mighty Morenia
+1 for Mystic Morenia
+1 for Mecha Morenia

I literally lol’ed.

+1 for Mystic Morenia

Mighty Mata! To be more powerful!

“Migthy Mikey(Michelangelo)”

+1 for Magnetic Mydas

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far. The discussion has been open for about two weeks; we’ll leave it open for another two weeks, and then we’ll make a decision. So make sure to get your suggestions in!

– Your friendly ROS naming committee

+1 for Magnetic Mydas

What is the procedure going to be? Summarize all the suggestions in a poll and vote?

My vote is with Mecha! It sounds like Mecha-Godzilla!

Final decision lies with the ROS Boss for M-Turtle which is @clalancette. Everything else is just suggestions. It is this way because the ROS Boss has to consider, not only what’s most popular, but also what is searchable, easy to type, and doesn’t potentially violate any copyright issues despite how awesome they might be (looking at you mutant michelangelo :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Midori-Game is a Japanese alias of Pond slider. Perfectly sized for the robots in “IoT” era img.

+1 Mutant Michelangelo

+1 for anything with Morla… great name for an LTS

to add some alternative adjectives:
ROS Modern
ROS Mellow
ROS 'Mazing

1 Like

Anything with the word “mecha” in it works for me.

We are going to close out the brainstorming for ROS M Turtle naming on Wed, May 3rd. Please get in any last minute suggestions, thanks!

– Your friendly ROS naming committee

+1 for all the press releases that could be written with headlines like “ROS Millennial is killing closed-source robotics”

If you add also “Elon” somewhere they’ll hire you at Tesla :wink:

Anyway, I love the Mecha ones!

I don’t want to slow down your creativity but the name for M-turtle has already been announced with the release of ROS Lunar: see ROS Lunar Loggerhead Release