ROS Wrapped '23 (Metrics Update)

As we wrap up 2023, some updates about the unofficial(?) ROS Metrics report located at metrics.ros.org

Perhaps more excitingly, I decided to throw together a year-end wrap-up a la Spotify Wrapped.

And I’m inviting YOU to generate your own ROS Wrapped stats as well. Just fill out this form

and I will email you your results in the new year.

Here’s to many more contributions to ROS in 2024! :champagne: :clinking_glasses: :turtle:

David!!

11 Likes

Perhaps “Robot Operating System 2: Design, architecture, and uses in the wild”? Seems to be the best candidate for the ROS 2 equivalent of the currently-tracked paper.

1 Like

@DLu thanks for the nice stats!

The Analytics bugged me a bit since we also have some issues on the control.ros.org it is interesting and useful to see those. In the end, we decided to go with plausible.io analytics (it is open-source and without cookies) provider that can be nicely integrated into webpage for everybody to see it, e.g., Contributing — ROS2_Control: Rolling Jan 2024 documentation. My company is sponsoring this for Control WG, but we don’t have much traffic and I managed to integrate the plan with the rest of companies websites.

I see that for all ROS sites one would need about 3-5 M views per month. I have checked on plausible and this would cost about 1,3 k per year. Maybe this is something OSRF could organize and one or more companies could sponsor that? @gbiggs and @Vanessa_Yamzon_Orsi what do you think? Would something like this be feasible and useful? I am guessing that the data would be very nice for OSRF (and the community in general) to have for different marketing and sponsoring actions.

Thank you @DLu

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.