ROSCon 2020: Postponed to 2021

Thanks for the update, @tfoote, fullly understand this hard decision given the COVID-19 pandemic.
Look forward to ROSCon 2021.

1 Like

@smac - you had me at battle-bots! Sign me up! :slight_smile: :robot: :zap: :rocket: :exploding_head:

1 Like

thanks @gerkey @tfoote and Open Robotics, Iā€™m looking forward to ROSCon2021 :grin:

1 Like

Would love to see a virtual event. Seems fitting considering how much online streaming and participation has been a part of ROSCon.

2 Likes

Bonus points for exploiting corner cases in the physics simulation to make the Kraken eat the opponentā€™s robot!

1 Like

Iā€™d like to attend a virtual event given the current circumstances and logistical constraints.

1 Like

My robotā€™s all in favor of and willing to help with an online ROS Foxy CTF!

robot-ctf-med

7 Likes

Thank you for the update! Since I have been participating steadily since ROSCon2014, I was very excited and expected about this ROSCon2020. Although the ROSCon2020 was postponed to next year, I think this is a very brave decision. I deeply sympathized with the decision of the ROSCon executive committee, and I hope that next yearā€™s ROSCon will be mere fun, bigger, and more people will be together!

2 Likes

This sounds fun. Maybe a plugin to create damage by removing pieces of you robot as you play and get hit?

2 Likes

This gif is getting stolen. Also +1 for CTF!

3 Likes