As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer at Simbe Robotics you will be part of a talented team working on Tally – our fully autonomous mobile robots for retail inventory scanning.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the software that drives Tally robots and implements their autonomy.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Tally’s onboard software using ROS and other open source packages.
- Working on mapping, localization, path planning, obstacle avoidance, perception, and autonomous behaviors for mobile robots in a retail environment. Our robots are designed to work safely and reliably alongside shoppers and employees during normal store hours.
- Building interfaces for managing and configuring our robot fleet and the data they generate.
- Interfacing with hardware that does not have an existing ROS driver.
- Helping to maintain open-source ROS packages with the broader ROS community and ensuring Simbe is helping to contribute to ROS.
- 5+ Years of commercial software development experience
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Strong understanding of core ROS concepts: publishers/subscribers, topics, tf, parameter server, etc.
- Strong understanding of multithreaded systems, processes, interprocess-communication and synchronization
- Strong understanding of Linux Systems
- Practical experience in building, programming and integrating software/hardware for robotics systems – ideally autonomous mobile ground robots
- Ability to prioritize with technical expertise and manage time effectively in a constantly changing dynamic environment
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or Robotics
- Experience with navigation sensors: Lidar, 3D Cameras, IMUs, etc.
- Experience deploying and debugging code on remote systems
- Experience debugging low level software and hardware problems
- Working understanding of basic electronics
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure…)
- Experience with Docker
Apply for Position: https://www.simberobotics.com/about/careers/apply?gh_jid=4221315003
All Open Positions at Simbe: https://www.simberobotics.com/about/careers/apply