As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer at Simbe Robotics you will be a leader in a talented team of roboticists working on Tally – our fully autonomous mobile robots for retail inventory scanning.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the software that drives Tally robots and implements their autonomy.
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Participate in high-level decision-making on the technical details of robotics software architecture and development
- Design, and implement Tally’s onboard software and supporting infrastructure and tools
- Build our next generation navigation systems and autonomous behaviors
- Write ROS drivers for hardware and sensors
- Coordinate software development across a multidisciplinary team
- Participate in code-reviews and foster a learning environment that raises the bar for the broader robotics software team
- 5+ Years of commercial software development experience
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid C++ and Python programming skills
- Comprehensive understanding of core ROS concepts: publishers/subscribers, topics, tf, parameter server, etc.
- Deep understanding of multithreaded applications, interprocess communication and synchronization
- Extensive experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Practical experience in building, programming and integrating software/hardware for autonomous systems – ideally autonomous mobile ground robots
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks based on business objectives
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related backgrounds
- Knowledge of common robot hardware and sensors: Lidar, 3D Cameras, IMUs, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying robotic applications
- Experience debugging complex software/hardware products
- Working understanding of basic electronics
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure…)
- Proficiency with Docker containers