The Humanoid Sensing and Perception laboratory (https://www.iit.it/research/lines/humanoid-sensing-and-perception) at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) is seeking to appoint a software engineer for real-time systems.
The selected candidate will join the interdisciplinary team of the iCub project. She/he will contribute to the recently created joint laboratory between IIT and Danieli Automation. Danieli Automation is a large international company active in the industry automation field.
The IIT-Danieli joint laboratory will carry out research and development in the field of robotics and artificial intelligence applied to industrial automation in hazardous environments. The goal of the joint laboratory is to reduce risks related to occupational health hazards and thereby increase safety for workers in the steel industry.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer who will join our team to bring modern robot software technologies to the factory floor.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related fields
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate
- Creative, proactive and collaborative attitude
- Proficient in English language (written and oral)
- Experience with robot middleware systems such as ROS or YARP
- Experience with hard real time operating systems such as VxWorks, Xenomai or QNX
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++
- Experience with industrial fieldbus technologies such as EtherCAT or CANopen
- Experience with embedded software development
- Experience with PLC and/or industrial control systems
The successful candidate will be offered a fixed term contract with a salary commensurate to experience and skills.
To apply, follow the guidelines published in the full job post description
available here: https://www.iit.it/careers/openings/opening/689-software-engineer-for-real-time-systems