Want to work on and with ROS and ROS-Industrial in a relaxed environment with nice working hours and access to state of the art equipment and research? Want to get involved on a global level with the development of new capabilities and software for ROS?
If so, see the below vacancy that is currently available in my group at the Robotics Institute of the Technical University in Delft – my university.
The department of Cognitive Robotics within the Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, is looking for candidates for a ROS-developer position within the context of the EU project “System for Robotics”.
Our goal with this project is to further develop the ROS-Industrial community and to help scale-ups (with robotics) to grow faster by assisting them with implementing and using ROS-Industrial software for their smart robotic implementations.
- day-to-day System for Robotics project management
- various ROS development and implementation activities on-site at the participating European SME’s
- strong contribution to the ROS-I community, e.g. contributing to “ROS-Answers”
- contribution to ongoing research projects within our department “Cognitive Robotics”
- contribution to ROS applications for SME’s through our RoboHouse research centre
- contribution to ROS applications in our Smart Advanced Manufacturing (eXtra Large) research centre for composite production automation
What do we ask?
The ideal candidate for this position has an MSc degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field. The candidate must have strong analytical skills and must be able to work at the intersection of several research domains. Additionally, important characteristics of a successful candidate are:
- communication skills (with business owners and technical employees of SMEs)
- experience with software quality and testing approaches
- programming experience: C++, Python
- experience with ROS
- affinity with industrial robotics and automation
- excellent written and verbal English skills
What do we offer
We offer the opportunity to do technically challenging research and development in a multi-disciplinary research group and together with interesting industrial partners. The appointment will be for a period of 1 year, with possibility of extension to 3 years. As an employee of the university you will receive a competitive salary (between approx. EUR 2450 and EUR 3200 gross per month based on a full-time appointment and depending on the candidate’s qualifications), as well as excellent secondary benefits in accordance with the Collective Agreement (CAO) of the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU). Assistance with accommodation can be arranged.
How to apply
Please make sure to investigate the “ROS-Industrial” community before applying. Submit your application to Prof. Martijn Wisse (email@example.com) before June the 25th, 2018. Include a cover letter along with a detailed curriculum vitae. Prof. Wisse can also be contacted for more information about this vacancy.
About 3mE and the Delft Robotics Institute
The department of Cognitive Robotics is part of the Faculty of 3mE, which trains committed engineering students, PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers in groundbreaking scientific research in the fields of mechanical, maritime and materials engineering. The department of Cognitive Robotics is also one of the core groups of the TU Delft Robotics Institute, which is a quickly growing interdepartmental organization with over 150 robotics-oriented researchers from 6 departments ranging from Computer Science to Industrial Design Engineering. More information at http://robotics.tudelft.nl.