ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting #14 Minutes

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:00 PM (TZ)

Attendees

  • Geoffrey Biggs (AWF)
  • Akihiko Tsukuda (eSOL)
  • Alfredo Bencomo (OSRF)
  • Cheng Chen (Autocore)
  • Kenji Funaoka (Tier IV)
  • Brian Holt (Parkopedia)
  • Shinpei Kato (AWF)
  • Nikos Michalakis (TRI-AD)
  • Ali Ors
  • Otake (Macnica)
  • Dejan Pangercic (Apex.AI)
  • Brian Shin (LGE)
  • Daisuke Tanaka (AWF)
  • Stephane Strahm (Kalray)
  • Josh Whitley (AutonomouStuff)
  • Yang Zhang (Linaro/96Boards)
  • Liyou Zhou (Arm)
  • Holly (StreetDrone)
  • Angelo (Parkopedia)
  • Arthur (Huawei)
  • Axell

Minutes Geoffrey Biggs

Agenda

  1. Opening remarks and new member introductions (Board)
  2. Confirmation of previous minutes (All)
  3. Follow-up Action items from previous meeting (All)
  4. Follow-up Report from CES2020
  5. Follow-up GitLab versus GitHub
  6. Working group report Autonomy Software (@gbiggs, @esteve)
  7. Working group report Autonomy Hardware (@cheng.chen, @sstrahm)
  8. Working group report Maps and Routing (@Brian_Holt, @mitsudome-r)
  9. Autoware Model Zoo proposal (@LiyouZhou)

Action items

  • None from this meeting

Detailed minutes

Opening remarks and new member introductions (Board)

  • New member: NXP Semiconductors

Confirmation of previous minutes (All)

Minutes approved

Action items from previous meeting (All)

  • Follow up on why StreetDrone’s and ITDLab’s new representatives are not in the TSC meetings
    • @gbiggs
    • Action taken Attempted to contact ITDLab but no response.
  • Update Linaro and Arm representatives about the setup of native Arm runners for CI
    • @JWhitleyWork
    • Action taken Native CI runner is up and running on Arm hardware, and Autoware.AI is building
      correctly on it.
  • Run a vote on GitHub vs GitLab
    • @gbiggs
    • Action taken Vote was held via email.
  • Set up a follow-up meeting to discuss the AutoSAR proposal, including some people who have experience with AutoSAR
    • @YangZ
    • Action taken Yang and eSOL have held discussions. Will present something in the next TSC meeting.

Report from CES2020

GitLab versus GitHub

  • An email vote was held from January 6 to January 15.

  • The proposal:

    That the Autoware Foundation moves all Autoware-related repositories (including but not limited to Autoware.AI and Autoware.Auto) from their current location at GitLab to GitHub.

  • 12 responses were received:

    • In favour of the proposal: 10
    • Against the proposal: 2
    • Abstained: 6

Discussion

  • In order to focus on the AVP demo work, we will not move until after this demo is complete in May, 2020.

Working group report: Autonomy Software (@esteve, @gbiggs)

Autoware.AI

  • @JWhitleyWork has just about got the native Arm runners working for Autoware.AI.

Autoware.Auto

AVP demo

  • Trajectory replaying mock planner is under construction.
  • Simulator integration is being significantly improved by LGE.
  • Localisation will be done using the upstream robot_localisation package.
  • The ROS 2 implementation of SSC is currently undergoing testing and code review, and should be available soon (well before we need it).
  • The work continues to be coordinated in the weekly Autonomy Software WG meetings. Anyone interested in participating should join this working group.

Working group report: Maps and routing (@Brian_Holt, @mitsudome-r)

We had one meeting since the last TSC meeting: https://gitlab.com/autowarefoundation/autoware-foundation/-/wikis/Maps-and-Routing-working-group/Maps-and-Routing-WG-Minutes-20200109

Work is now focused on delivering the requirements for the AVP2020 demo.

Working group report: Autonomy Hardware (@cheng.chen, @sstrahm)

Autonomy Hardware Working Group

  • List of Reference Hardware Platform 2020
    • Description of AVP hardware platform
      • Details for the platform being used for AVP demo
      • Will work with Dejan
    • Description of Autocore PCU
      • List of supported sensors
      • Configuration of SW
      • Will work with Cheng
    • Description of next potential Platform
      • Submission welcomed
      • Expecting to contact NXP for Bluebox (Ali ?)
  • Alignment with Autoware ODD, per ODD:
    • List of typical/required sensors
    • List of typical/required compute
    • Mapping with Hardware Platforms (available and planned)
  • Bring attention from member on helping on this Working Group
    • Happy to drive the group but need technical, wise advice to make it happen
    • Understanding we need to provide value for this. The value will come when member will understand the advantages to have reference platform for Autoware
  • Plan (proposal)
    • H1 2020
      • List of Platform(s) and aligning ODD / Platform
      • Draft Requirements for Platform
    • H2 2020
      • Advertise Platforms per ODD
      • Compile and consolidate Reqs / Specs

Autoware Model Zoo proposal from Arm

  • A proposal for organising, documenting and sharing neural networks that are used in the
    autonomous driving stack.
  • Organise neural networks by AD tasks.
  • The model zoo would have benefits to a variety of audiences, including new users, benchmarkers,
    prototypers, and contributors.
  • The model zoo would allow us to track the provenance of models, follow the state-of-the-art, and
    provide a peer review process for bringing in new or improved models.
  • The model zoo can be easily implemented using Git.

AWF board proposal for 2020 goals

  • Focus on defining a reference platform including architecture, API for edge and cloud, and
    operational design domain.
  • Five proposed ODDs:
    1. No pedestrians, no cars
    2. No pedestrians but cars, low speed
    3. No pedestrians but cars, high speed
    4. Pedestrians and cars, geofenced
    5. Pedestrians and cars, unlimited

autoware_model_zoo_compressed.pdf (276.2 KB)

how can it be that these minutes are supposed to be from December 2019 and then you report on CES 2020 in past tense.

@ThiloZimmermann these minutes are from the TSC meeting that happened on Jan 15th, I suppose @gbiggs forgot to update the date at the top of the post which belongs to TSC #13

1 Like

I have a time machine. But don’t tell anyone or they’ll all start wanting sports almanacs from 2040.

1 Like