ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

Upcoming maintenance for build.ros2.org: 2020-11-25

Edit 2020-11-23: Rescheduled for 2020-11-25T16:00:00Z

Edit: Postponed a few more days. See Upcoming maintenance for build.ros2.org: 2020-11-25

build.ros2.org will be the first of our build farms to update to 20.04 using the chef-based ros buildfarm deployment utilities (Work in progress: Chef cookbooks for ROS build farm configuration) this will require some downtime during which rosdistro PRs for ROS 2 distributions will be held and dev and PR jobs will not be triggered for ROS 2 distributions.

The ROS 2 build farm doesn’t have an entry on the ROS status page. If I can’t manage to add one before the start of the maintenance window I will use this thread to post updates.

Once the migration is complete similar operations will be scheduled for build.ros.org and ci.ros2.org.

Would that be 2020-10-29T15:00:00Z2020-10-30T03:00:00Z?

Edit: not any more.

1 Like

That is a cool feature! Yes.

However, I’m actually going to have to postpone the migration. There are a couple of components that I found out just a few hours ago aren’t quite ready and I’ll want to use the weekend to get them there.

I plan to proceed with this migration Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday (Pacific UTC -8 because Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday in the US) and will post an updated time when I know exactly when.

1 Like

I was getting ready to get this done this Thursday until it was pointed out to me that I will be out of the office later this week and so it will be hard for me to perform this migration.

I’ve updated the topic to remove the date. Before I can set a new one I need to verify the ROS 2 sync / release schedule is clear. Once there is a new date set I will update this thread.

The new plan is to perform the migration starting at 2020-11-25T16:00:00Z.

If it has not completed by the scheduled start time tomorrow maintenance will begin when the current rebuild of Dashing completes.

Just waiting for the armhf jobs to finish now.