Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be part of the Robotics team at ABB Research in Västerås Sweden. In our role as ABB Research, we ensure ABB’s technology competitiveness now and in future. In the Robotics team we focus on mechatronics concepts, design and robot intelligence in both industrial and service robot segments. The research activities are usually formulated as technology pre-study and technology development projects. We work closely with ABB’s Robotics business to ensure our research will bring unique value for ABB business. At the same time, we have close collaboration with academic world to bridge the academic and industrial research. In this team, one of our historical highlights is the creation and development of the dual-arm YuMi robot concept and the mobile YuMi concept.
- Be part of creating new technologies that is crucial for the factory-of-the-future in discrete manufacturing.
- The position includes interaction in a broad network of researchers around Sweden, which requires communicative skills and a great interest in AI for robotics. The competence is Robotics or Mechatronics with special interest in SW and simulation.
- Develop simulation platform for Robotics. This includes software design, integration of new modules, development and maintenance.
- Hands-on/experimental robotics where interest in practical experiments is a requirement and experience is an advantage.
- Integrate new (motion and vision) devices into systems.
- A MSc or PhD degree in Robotics/Mechatronics, Computer Science or Electronics/Control.
- 3-5 years working experience in industry is a plus.
- Software skills in C++ and Python are required and experience with robotics using ROS/ROS2 and/or robotics control, is an advantage.
- Good knowledge in Linux and Virtualization. Knowledge in docker and ubuntu is a great advantage.
- You enjoy driving specific activities to successful conclusion while following a visionary continuity in your work.
- You should be capable of working both independently and in a team.
- You will be working in an international environment therefore it is required that you have good communication skills in English.