Visit our website to apply: https://picknik.ai/jobs/
Tackle some of the toughest problems in a rapidly growing industry. Implement cutting edge robotic algorithms to solve important problems. See your contributions used worldwide in the open source robotics community. We leverage open source to deliver custom software solutions to our clients that take advantage of the latest algorithms, research, and techniques.
As an Applied Roboticist at PickNik Robotics, you will determine where state of the art robotics research can be applied to solve our client’s problems and identify opportunities for innovation. You will be developing ROS software applications, optimizing advanced algorithms, and integrating solutions for our clients, internal products, and flagship open source projects. Duties will include developing sophisticated software in a variety of languages and platforms that will be used on robots around the world (and in outer space!).
Am I a good fit?
- You love robotics and have a passion for creating the next generation of robot software
- Are excited to be part of a team of experts with a steady flow of client projects
- Should work efficiently, be ready to learn, and have great attention to detail
- Desire to contribute to open source projects solving big problems
- Ability to collaborate with teams around the world
- Masters in Robotics, Computer Science, or a related robotics-focused field
- Strong C++ experience and familiarity with at least one scripting language, preferably Matlab or Python
- ROS knowledge and experience with ROS hardware integration
- Proven track record of innovation in applying algorithms and advancing robotics
- Understanding of motion planning, control, perception, navigation, and/or simulation
- Demonstrated ability, either through previous projects, advanced education/research, and/or knowledge of the robotics field
- Be able to travel approximately every other month to client sites & conferences. Less than 20% of the time.
- If remote, ability to visit Boulder office at most 4 times per year (not applicable during COVID)
Some preferred skills/experience:
- MoveIt, ROS Navigation, Gazebo, OpenRave, PCL, OpenCV, or other robotic libraries are advantageous
- Common open source libraries and tools such as Eigen and Boost
- All the essentials like a company health insurance plan (Anthem), 401k benefits with an additional 3% salary bonus via company contribution, and a flexible and informal time-off policy
- Annual Learning Perk which is a flexible stipend to spend on education opportunities
- Live in beautiful Boulder, CO with easy access to renowned skiing, biking, climbing, and ranked #2 by US News and Report Best Places to Live
- Enjoy a relaxed work environment
- Work a flexible schedule including working remotely when you need to
- Standing desks, multiple monitors, toy dinosaurs… whatever you need to be happy at work
- Free Lunch & Snacks
- Bike or use our Boulder transit Eco FlexPass (commute for free)