We are currently designing the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry! Our robot, Neo, is successfully deployed to a long list of some of the best managed facilities on 5 continents. Our customers are using Neo in airports, shopping malls, universities, hospitals, commercial and industrial facilities.
We are looking to hire a senior hardware developer to work on the electrical detail design of the next generation of floor scrubber robots that will take over the cleaning industry. We need a highly detailed-oriented senior hardware developer to help us design our new robots and take them to the next level of reliability and quality. The ideal candidate has experience with all stages of product development and has designed and shipped quality products.
Ideally, you will have excellent electrical design and PCB layout skills and thrive working on a small hardware team. Since we are rapidly scaling, we need an senior-level designer that can quickly become a key part of the design team and contribute to the overall design and prototyping of electrical systems. The design challenges will range from high level system architecture, power distribution, embedded and analog design to detailed schematic and PCB design, debugging and testing on a board and system level. The circuits will vary from safety boards to control units and motor control units.
- Work on sub-module design of electrical system of our robots, contribute to systems engineering.
- Collaborate with our mechanical team on Wiring Harness Design to minimize EMI and ensure proper mounting, shielding, and accessibility of electronic circuits
- Participate in PCB and layout design of analog, digital and power circuit: control board, sensor interface, power distribution, safety and motor control units.
B.Sc. in electrical engineering or equivalent
Minimum 7+ years of hardware design experience in relevant field (Robotics, Safety Critical, Medical, Aerospace, Automotive, etc)
Experience with the hardware development cycle
History of product design for manufacturing
Proficient with standard test instrumentation equipment such as DMM, Scope, Power Supply, Function Generator
Familiar with Managing Engineering Bill of Materials and Change Management Methodology
Familiar with Dfx Analysis
A driven individual who is passionate about robotics and a self-starter
- Experience with Mentor Graphics suite of tools
- Experience working with robots or complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience designing hardware for safety critical applications (such as aerospace, medical or automotive)
- Strong interest in robotics
- Experience with Standards or certification experience (UL, CSA, CE, etc)
- Experience with electronics design simulation