We are currently designing the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry! Our robot, Neo, is successfully deployed to a long list of some of the best managed facilities on 5 continents. Our customers are using Neo in airports, shopping malls, universities, hospitals, commercial and industrial facilities.
Our robots make maps of a wide range of indoor areas, small and large (e.g. malls, department stores, grocery stores, hospitals, airports, etc.) using lasers and cameras and then plan the optimal path to cover these areas as fast as possible.
We are looking for a senior software developer for our Infrastructure team. We are shipping many robots all around the world and we need very strong internal tooling to support reliability in development, build, test, release, production, and product support. These tasks range from writing software to automate subcomponent programming all the way to designing and implementing new automatic monitoring and diagnostic systems. The ideal candidate has 7+ years of software development in some combination of software development, software development planning/management, with emphasis on devops roles.
Since we are rapidly scaling company, you will be wearing many hats - the job will range from high-level system design of build, test and automation tools to working on improving the security and robustness of our linux base images. You will be working alongside an experienced team of robotics veterans, software and hardware engineers to help you along the way.
- Work alongside other software development teams to deliver reliable, well tested software to our robots by improving and automating our internal tools, our development environment, programming practices and libraries
- Design and implement fleet management components, automated monitoring solutions, custom data collection tools
- Design and implement components for continuous integration, build systems, automated testing, automated update/deployment and robotics simulation
- Work on improving the security and robustness of our base OS images, software mirrors and repositories
- Help developers prototype new hardware and work with the hardware engineers to identify any problems and spec out new systems requirements
- Developing test, validation, and automation tools for our manufacturing and QA teams
- BASc. or Graduate degree in Electrical/Computer engineering, Computer Science or significant relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience with software development (C++, Python, or similar) and/or devops
- Very comfortable with Linux-based operating systems (CLI, scripting, configuration, )
- Driven individual, passionate about writing code and getting to see it run on fleets of robots
- Experience in designing architecture based on requirements, predicting future pain points, and solving problems that people didn’t even know they had
- Experience integrating with any of the following:
- ERP systems, AWS, REST APIs
- Manufacturing engineering and test automation
- ROS or other previous robotics/automation projects
- Encryption, network security, server security
- Linux Networking (firewalls, dns, tcp/udp)
- Web development