We are currently designing the next generation cleaning robots that will take over the cleaning industry! Our robot, Neo, is successfully deployed to a long list of some of the best managed facilities on 5 continents. Our customers are using Neo in airports, shopping malls, universities, hospitals, commercial and industrial facilities.
We are looking for a senior systems engineering specialist to work together with our engineering team leads at Avidbots to model complex systems, solve challenging technical problems, and build amazing architecture for next generation robots. For this role, you will have a strong systems design background combined with the ability to deliver on both high-level design architectural and low-level detailed technical objectives. You will be accountable for system-level architecture and analysis to ensure requirements are documented, reviewed, and approved through NPD stage gate process. In addition, you will perform hands-ons testing of designed apparatus to mitigate high technical risks (proof of principle and engineering studies) You will also evaluate engineering output for conformance to system design requirements and be responsible for verifying design validation under defined operating conditions. As the Senior Systems Engineering Specialist, you will participate in the initialization and power on of prototype and Alpha machines. To assist in the overall development of system design development and verification, you will identify development activities, review, and update plans as development evolves.
Since we are rapidly scaling company, you will be wearing many hats - the job will range from high-level system design of hardware and software development all the way to building prototypes of your ideas. You will be working alongside an experienced cross-functional teams of robotics veterans and engineers to help you along the way.
- Develop a comprehensive view and understanding of the entire product from a technical perspective to ensure that each subsystem within the product functions well together
- Take top-level product requirements and break them down into subsystem component requirements for all engineering teams
- Work alongside engineering team leads to participate in high level architecture and planning discussions
- Design and implement software, hardware, and mechanical architecture for next generation products
- Help engineering team leads solve detailed implementation issues during the NPI and Manufacturing phase of product development
- Develop and maintain architecture and compliance documentation
- BASc. or Graduate degree in Electrical/Computer engineering or related
- 7+ years of experience with systems design background for complex electrical and mechanical products
- Experience in designing architecture based on requirements
- Experience with formal technical project management or program management
- Experience with functional safety compliance
- Involved in previous robotics or automation projects