CodeSprint

Hello,

(I am not sure if this is the right place to ask…) How can I get involve in the MoveIt Code Sprint?

Hi Zhe,

‘Codesprint’ is a bit ambiguous - are you referring to a particular event? We have the annual World MoveIt! Day which is essentially a day-long hackathon. The next one will be in October likely.

You can submit new features to MoveIt! at anytime via Github - though it would be great to discuss what you want to add first here.

Another meaning of ‘codesprint’ is a funded effort by a sponsoring company to add new features to an open source project. I’m working on pursuing these currently, and in fact there is one effort right now to improve the MoveIt! tutorials and website sponsored by Franka Emika. If you’d like to get involved beta testing the tutorials please contact me privately!

2 Likes

Hello, thank you very much for the information. I have found the Codesprint contributing opportunity from http://moveit.ros.org/documentation/contributing/future_projects/ and I am particularly interested in the perception pipeline. Is this the open source project you are pursuing now? Do you have a email address that I can contact you privately?

Thanks!