Community offering welcomed: Today we could have hit a Google Hangout communication issue; the number of participants that free version of Hangout allows is limited to up to 10. Any pro-user who can offer to host a Hangout in the future, we’d like to hear from you. Please hit the reply on this post.
Notes from previous meeting: Maintainer Meeting Recap - July 26th
- Jonathan Binney
- Dave Coleman
- Christian Dornhege
- Shaun Edwards
- Robert Haschke
- Michael ‘v4hn’ Görner (connectivity issue)
- Ian McMahon
- Isaac IY Saito
- Maarten de Vries
Robert: Integration tests
Integration tests use rostest (see here for an example) defining some .test files,
- using moveit_resources/fanuc_moveit_config/launch/test_environment.launch
- and finally starting some python code that does the unit testing, e.g. python_move_group.py
Michael: Using sonames
@v4hn will open a PR to open a discussion.
Dave: Github pull request reviews, new rebase and merge button
We’ll utilize these new nice github features.
Michael: Prefer a plain “master” branch
- Replaced boost::ptrs to std::ptrs. Work in progress.
- For client code of MoveIt!, there should be no code change in terms of C++11, unless those code specifically used boost::ptrs.
- boost::function can be replaced with std::function
@130s: Kinetic initial release
- Open tickets at https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit/issues/18
- API needs to be stabilized too especially because it’s LTS.
- No set date yet for the release.
@130s: Indigo 1st release from ros-planning/moveit repository.
- Open tickets at https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit/issues/100
- Version number scheme remains the same despite API break this time (the decision is based on the discussion in the #100)
@jonbinney: KinematicBase changes
- PR is opened https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit/pull/150
- This can improve performance (by not parsing URDF multiple times).
- Help on unit testing needed.
Switching to answers.ros.org
- Use moveit-users forum for announcements, and use answers.ros.org for technical questions (as general ROS community does).
- Announce in moveit-users once documentation is updated.
Update list of maintainers
- Maarten de Vries joins as maintainer
- Update maintainers in package.xml’s, see current list here: http://dav.ee/moveit.html
- volunteer for packages here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yuPVbLOnp6XeqpKrgE2vn6PKXWGfDN71Vny9fxFMwEo/edit#gid=0
- Recruit new maintainers (Dave will create a document for it)
ROSCon birds of a feather
- Ian or Ferg can coordinate BoF?
- Ian, Shaun will be present
MoveIt! Community Meeting
Dave plans to coordinate one in October.