Community representatives on the TSC (minutes 2020-05-21)

The ROS 2 TSC Meeting Minutes: 2020-05-21 mention a proposal (headed) by (?) @gbiggs to allow community members on the TSC:

it seems there was already consensus, and only some text to finalise.

ROS 2 TSC Meeting Minutes: 2020-06-18 then:

Subsequent minutes don’t mention this initiative any more (if I’ve searched properly).

What happened to this: was it finally not accepted, was there no interest, or was the election mentioned postponed due to ROSCon itself getting cancelled?

Seeing as the TSC essentially decides what happens with ROS 2, having community representation seems like a good thing for ROS.

Edit: and no, I’m not asking for myself. I just think this is a good idea, but it seems to have disappeared and I’m curious to know why.

7 Likes

Seconding this! I’d very much like to see this happen.

2 Likes

Thanks for raising the topic. Frankly, that proposal fell through the cracks and was never acted on. I’ll get it back on the agenda in an upcoming TSC meeting.

4 Likes

The specific reason it disappeared is that just after the motion was voted on and accepted, I left my previous position and thus my position on the TSC. I should have followed up on it even after leaving the TSC, but I forgot to do so.

1 Like