Compile error with source checkout

Hi all,
I am using the link https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Maintaining-a-Source-Checkout. I did till the download part without any error. But unable to proceed further because of some compilation error. Seems some missing package of console_bridge.

==> ‘. /home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge/cmake__build.sh && /usr/bin/make cmake_check_build_system’ in '/home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge’
CMake Error: The source directory “/home/baila/ros2_ws/src/ros2/console_bridge” does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Makefile:278: recipe for target ‘cmake_check_build_system’ failed
make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

<== Command ‘. /home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge/cmake__build.sh && /usr/bin/make cmake_check_build_system’ failed in ‘/home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge’ with exit code ‘2’
<== Command ‘. /home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge/cmake__build.sh && /usr/bin/make cmake_check_build_system’ failed in ‘/home/baila/ros2_ws/build/console_bridge’ with exit code ‘2’

Seems like you’re missing console_bridge?

It should come with the source checkout…right? If i download it manually, will i face any problem while i submit it on git?

@baila Can you provide the exact steps you followed to update your workspace? What version of ros2 are you using?

For ROS 2 Beta 2 we had to use our custom version of console_bridge because of some missing features. Since these features have beend integrated we are now using the official console_bridge repository.

Can you try for remove console_bridge from your workspace and import your repos file again? to do so run the following:

cd <YOUR_ROS2_WORKSPACE>
rm -rf src/ros2/console_bridge src/ros/console_bridge
vcs import src < ros2.repos

I am following the exact steps from https://github.com/ros2/ros2/wiki/Maintaining-a-Source-Checkout#development-branches including update and pull. After doing the rebuild part, I am getting the above error.

I deleted the complete folder and started again. Working fine now.