Do you love robots and open source? Do you enjoy engaging with the community to promote both? Become an open source community manager at Fetch Robotics and you’ll love coming to work every day!
Fetch Robotics is a leading provider of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR’s) that is revolutionizing the logistics and research industries. Fetch was founded by a talented group of engineers who where fundamental in the growth of open source technologies such as ROS and robotic platforms such as the TurtleBot and PR2. We are a young start-up growing at an incredibly rapid pace and we’re looking for talented and enthusiastic people who are comfortable with a large degree of ownership.
As the Open Source Community Manager at Fetch you’ll be responsible for maintaining and supporting our open source projects and research platforms (both the mobile base platform (freight) and the mobile manipulation platform (fetch)). You’ll work across engineering, sales, product, and support to further grow the research and open source communities around Fetch.
Job duties include:
- Maintaining, supporting, and updating existing open source codebases and hardware platforms.
- Developing applications and demos for the Fetch mobile manipulation platform.
- Engaging with the Fetch open source community about updates, feature requests, and continuous feedback process.
- Being apart of committees in the robotics and ROS communities.
- Attending workshops and conferences.
- Engaging with other open source teams such as those at universities and companies like OSRF.
BS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field.
Robotics software experience using C++ and Python in a Linux environment.
Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS).
Broad knowledge of robotics related concepts such as SLAM, motion planning, and perception.
Experience with software development on/with robotic and/or automation platforms.
Demonstrated track record of released and maintained open source projects.
Excellent communication skills.
Love of robots is a must as you will be surrounded by them.
Nice To Haves:
Experience reading and implementing published research.
Experience with mobile manipulation.
Experience with Git, GitHub, and JIRA.
Experience releasing ROS packages via Bloom.
Experience with CMake, Docker, and other build and deployment techniques.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience.
- Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, LTD, unlimited time-off, 15 holidays.
- Experience working with some of the best robotics minds of our time.
- Opportunity to help build and revolutionize robotics.
To apply, please use the official application link provided at the top of this email. Applications sent in response to this email will not be considered.