FreeRobotics.tools is looking for a new Maintainer

Hey ROS,

I’m looking for a new maintainer of freerobotics.tools as I personally will not work in the Robotic area anymore. My focus will be on climate satellite engineering, OpenSustain.tech and LibreSelery.

By maintaining this list you will get very intensive insights about how the open-source robotics community is changing and which trends, projects, organizations and technologies are existing here. It is one of the central starting points for newcomers in the open-source robotics field and offers experts the possibility to analyze which projects are missing.
Of course, there would be a small introduction from me and I will support your work as far as I can in the future. Here is a rough description of the field of activity:

• Regular research of new projects.
  • Evaluation of projects: Does documentation exist? Is the project still maintained? Is the project interesting for other users?
  • Removal of inactive projects.
  • Working on pull requests.
  • Promotion of projects via Twitter. At the moment every new project is automatically promoted via the protontypes Twitter account by the awesome-twitter-action. We can also set up your Twitter account here. In this way people can just follow the Twitter account to get informed about listed new projects.

I would be very happy if we can keep the quality of the list in the future. If a person or organization can be found where the maintenance is secured over a long period of time, I am also willing to transfer the whole project to another namespace.

If you are interested, please contact me.

3 Likes