By maintaining this list you will get very intensive insights about how the open-source robotics community is changing and which trends, projects, organizations and technologies are existing here. It is one of the central starting points for newcomers in the open-source robotics field and offers experts the possibility to analyze which projects are missing.
Of course, there would be a small introduction from me and I will support your work as far as I can in the future. Here is a rough description of the field of activity:
- Regular research of new projects.
- Evaluation of projects: Does documentation exist? Is the project still maintained? Is the project interesting for other users?
- Removal of inactive projects.
- Working on pull requests.
- Promotion of projects via Twitter. At the moment every new project is automatically promoted via the protontypes Twitter account by the awesome-twitter-action. We can also set up your Twitter account here. In this way people can just follow the Twitter account to get informed about listed new projects.
I would be very happy if we can keep the quality of the list in the future. If a person or organization can be found where the maintenance is secured over a long period of time, I am also willing to transfer the whole project to another namespace.
If you are interested, please contact me.