Graduate opportunity: Robotics Engineer
Universal Field Robots is a Brisbane-based startup company who are developing large-scale, outdoor, autonomous robots for applications in construction, agriculture, mining, energy and defence. Our current robot is based on a 3.5 tonne excavator, but we are expanding our lineup to other vehicles and equipment. We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Robotics/Mechatronics Engineer. This position is suitable for a recent graduate or an engineer with a few years of experience.
As a robotics engineer on our team you’ll be working on a wide range of projects. You’ll be a generalist, doing everything from sensor integration right up to writing high-level planners. Your abilities should include:
- You’ll have a demonstrable interest in robotics
- You’ll work well both independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of C++ (experience with Python is also preferable)
- Knowledge of ROS is a big plus
- Knowledge of working in a Linux (Ubuntu) development environment
- Knowledge in areas such as computer vision, AI, mechanical/electrical design, GUI design, sensors or control theory is also a big plus
Please email your CV/Resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com by 1st of February. A full time position is available to the right candidate.