Gravis Robotics is a startup that turns heavy construction machines into intelligent and autonomous robots. Our unique combination of learning-based automation and augmented remote control lets one operator safely conduct a fleet of machines in a gamified environment. Our team has over a decade of academic experience honing the cutting edge of large-scale robotics, and is rapidly growing to bring that expertise into a trillion dollar industry through active deployments with market leaders.
About the Job
As a Field Engineer at Gravis, you will contribute to the deployment of our robotic solutions for construction machines. You will deploy and test new features on real robots in the field and closely work with the R&D team to robustify and improve the autonomy and reliability of our system, while refining and maintaining our existing solution. You will play a crucial role with the setup and deployment of our solutions at different customers sites. Your ability to grasp the behavior of a complex robotic system and its constraints will play an integral role in ensuring the development and reliable operations of our robots in the field.
- University degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Extensive experience deploying, integrating and debugging software on robotic systems
- Solid C++ and Python skills
- Experience with the ROS ecosystem
- Fluency with version control systems (Git)
- Competence with Linux systems
- Willingness to travel to job sites (also abroad), according to the needs of the business
- Mechanical/electronics hands on experience (assembly of hardware / basic soldering skills)
- Experience with protocols such as CAN
- Driving license (category B)