We’re looking for a Robotics Engineer to help us make our robots smarter and more reliable.
Botsandus are building a social robotics platform to help organisations interact with and learn about their customers and guests. We have developed our own robotics platform to support this goal, and we are looking for a new team member who can help us scale up our technical expertise and development resources.
Our platform uses embedded Linux boards connected to various embedded devices. The machines must be stable over weeks of continuous runtime, and provide an interactive experience for users.
We’re looking for candidates with at least 2 years of experience in the following areas:
- Robot Operating System (ROS) development
- Embedded software development (particularly C++ and Python)
- Microcontroller bringup, development and debugging
- System architecture design and development
- Participation in team-wide code and architecture reviews
- Research, development, and testing of software prototypes
- Automated testing
You will be responsible for significant portions of the software for the projects you are assigned to and will own your projects from conception, through design and implementation, to support.
You will work closely with the rest of the development team to make sure that we are delivering well engineered solutions, and will help the production team initiate mass manufacturing on the results.
Additionally, any experience in any of the following areas would be a benefit:
- Gazebo simulations, and sensor error modeling
- OpenCV, PCL, OMPL
- Experience with autonomous robotic systems and complex sensor sets
- Experience working with cameras, RGB-D sensors, ToF cameras, Lidar
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
From time you time, you may be required to help in the following other areas:
- Demo development and testing
- Mentoring and assisting with supervision of interns
- Attending trade shows and conferences
We’ll be expecting you to work on a variety of different projects to support the goals above. Some of these are likely to include:
- Designing and building an autonomous navigation system using LIDAR or 3D-camera systems
- Designing and implementing a multi-microphone array audio capture system
- Implementing robust and well-tested microprocessor code for control and perception.
- Develop safe behaviors that handle real world problems and interruptions. Develop perception algorithms to identify key features and guide motion in public spaces.
As a company, we’re definitely in the start-up phase of our life and you’ll be joining us at an early stage. You’ll have to be flexible and open to working in a variety of different roles - but we hope that will offer a great experience for a motivated engineer.
We are a diverse, remote-friendly team (though we have an amazing office and workshop space in West London). We have flexible working hours – as a startup we have occasional deadlines to meet, but work-life balance is important to us, so we’ll try to keep any disruption to a minimum. You’ll receive a market-rate salary and your choice of equipment, as well as an annual training and conference budget. We use loads of open-source software, and we’d love for you to contribute to projects while you are here – and you’re welcome to take some time for personal projects too.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00 to £60,000.00 /year
Please apply here: https://goo.gl/DdrDNX