I have already asked this question in ros answers. To be on the right group, I’m creating the question here too. This is a continuation of the question that I asked here previously. Step 1 was to basically make jenkins run on master. I was able to achieve that. Now the next step I believe is to configure jobs for the packages that I have built. I understood that I have to edit the configuration files here in this repository but for some reasons the documentation is not so clear on what are the files that should be edited.
- As I earlier mentioned, let us assume that I’m using kinetic distribution and in the Disable notification of maintainers/committers section, I was asked to set false to all committers which by default was already set to false in all the files. When I say all files, I changed or verified whether they are false in index.yaml, doc-build.yaml, doc-released-build.yaml, release-armhf-build.yaml, release-build.yaml, source-build.yaml inside kinetic folder.
- Next up was to update administrator notification. I changed the email on all files as said in the previous point.
I want to know whether whatever I did in these two points are correct. If yes, I request you to update the documentation, its totally out of sync and not intuitive.
- I figured out that the jenkins_url takes the ip address of the master machine and the repo_hostname.example.com simply gets replaced by the repository ip address on all the yaml files mentioned earlier. Is that right ? Also I want to know whether the PGP key used here is the same as the ones used in the buildfarm_deployment_config ?
- After that I understood that inorder to run jobs on my custom ros package(s) in the buildfarm, I was given two options. One to perform full fork and the another one being add-on fork. As I understood that clearly, I decided to go with option 2 which is Add-on fork so that I don’t have to worry about other ROS packages from build.ros.org. Interesting thing here is that I saw that we have to add a tag to custom distribution files. I understand that we have to add those but to what files is not so clear. Also mentioning custom distribution file is not very clear to me.
- Is there a better way (may be a structural way) to actually tell me, what I should be doing in Import ROS packages which are not built by the custom build farm ? Like could you be more specific on where should I place the import_distro.yaml file ? May be an example would be great. And also I have no idea how to invoke import_upstream job. Could you please be clear here ?