I will calculate noise coefficients from inertial sensors calibration data

Hi ROS community!

I conduct research on processing an Allan Variance for noise model building and inertial sensors noise simulation.

If you have done noise analysis or, if you would like to do it and you can share with me signals recorded during calibration process I will analyze your data results in return.

I claim the rate speed and the acceleration data of any duration and quantity. I will process bulk data too.

You can also send me your Allan Variance, but raw signals are better because I can check another statistical properties of your data.

Result of my analysis are errors coefficients: Angle Random Walk/Velocity Random Walk, Bias Instability, Rate Random Walk/Random Walk, Quantization Noise, Rate Ramp.

If you consider sending me your raw data please attach:

• sensor type and part number,
  • data sampling frequency, if data sampling was uniform or time vector, if not,
  • measurement units (deg/s, rad/s or m/s^2, g, etc.),
  • your noise coefficients (optional).

If you consider sending me your Allan Variance please attach:

• sensor type and part number,
  • tau vector,
  • any of: confidence intervals, EDFs, size of signal vector (optional),
  • measurement units (deg/s, rad/s or m/s^2, g, etc.),
  • your noise coefficients (optional).

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need advice how to prepare test.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve uploaded some IMU data for you that I’ve recorded a while ago here: 2021-11-14_imu_rosbags_allan_variance.zip

This archive contains IMU data for the computation of Allan Variance parameters for the following IMUs:

• 2021-11-13-imu_calib.bag:

• ADIS 16460 IMU - sampling frequency: 100 Hz (data in the rosbag is always repeated once)
    • Realsense T265 onboard IMU (probably Bosch BMI055) - sampling frequency: 200 Hz
    • Realsense D455 onboard IMU (probably Bosch BMI055) - sampling frequency: 200 Hz
  • 2021-11-14-imu_calib_phidgets.bag:

• PhidgetSpatial Precision 3/3/3 High Resolution 1044_0 - sampling frequency: 250 Hz

Accelerations are in m/s^2, and rotational velocities are in rad/sec.

The sensors were not moved during recording. The recording took place on a table in an unoccupied room at room temperature (around 20°C). No further measures for vibration damping or fine-graded temperature control were taken. Duration of recording: 300 minutes.

The archive also contains Allan Variance data computed using the following tools:

Have fun!

3 Likes