Intelligent and Autonomous Systems Group, Woodside Energy, Perth, Australia
Apply here: https://careers.woodside.com.au/job/Perth-Robotics,-Intelligent-and-Autonomous-Systems/563047301
Are you ready to apply your robotics skills to real-world applications? Do you want to write code that begins in a research setting, but matures to impactful and mission-critical deployments? Do you believe that good software is critical to creating amazing robots?
Our Intelligent and Autonomous Systems (IAS) Team is currently seeking skilled Robotics Engineers and Technologists, to join Woodside’s robotics team. In our Perth-based, state-of-the-art lab, we have a dynamic and growing group actively investigating research in multiple areas of robotics, including wheeled, quadruped, humanoid, manipulation, and cloud robotics. Working within our IAS team and partners from around with world, you will help build autonomous mobile robots that are deployed into Woodside’s operating oil and gas assets to perform remote surveillance and manipulation.
To be successful in this role, you must possess relevant engineering or a computer science degree, experience in robotics research & development, and a track record of delivering real-world technology deployments. In addition to your generalist robotics skills and experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS), you will have proven skills in either robotic perception, manipulation and/or machine learning that you can apply immediately. You will be technically competent in Ubuntu Linux and Python programming, and you will have experience in one or more areas, such as C++, algorithms and data structures, robotic sensors, remote operations and cloud-based services.
What you can expect from us:
- Work on projects for world-class operating assets renowned for their safety, reliability and efficiency
- A competitive remuneration package, featuring performance-based incentives, share plans, above-industry superannuation (retirement) contributions and a generous health insurance allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Industry-leading 16 weeks’ paid parental leave for the primary carer, plus secondary carer leave
- Active employee community groups for gender equality, reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, and LGBTI+ staff and allies
- Commitment to your ongoing development, including on-the-job opportunities, formal programs and assistance with further education
- Values in action
- Community volunteering opportunities
HURRY! - Applications close at 11:59 pm AWST on 30th January 2020