We create robotic inspection & maintenance solutions and autonomous mobile robots to operate in extreme environments. Our clients use them to remotely inspect critical infrastructure, operate underwater and in explosive environments. Our robotic systems provide inspection, maintenance & digitisation of difficult to reach assets for the offshore energy, shipping, power generation, utilities, construction & transport sectors.
This is a full-time, permanent role suiting a Senior Engineer with Robotics or Controls & Automation expertise. Our Engineering team are creative, free-thinking with a passion to create ‘real world’ robotic solutions for our globally renowned clients.
- 5+ years of proven excellence in developing Robotics or Controls & Automation systems.
- Educated to degree level, post-graduate degree beneficial.
- Programming skills; C, C++ (11/14), Python3, CMake in a Linux environment.
- Programming frameworks: ROS, OpenCV (real-time OSes is a plus).
- Modelling & simulation for 3D: Gazebo (Unity is a plus).
- Robotics algorithms: Kinematics, Sensor Fusion, State Estimation, Localisation and Mapping, Perception, Object Detection.
- Experience of developing robotic systems; detailed modelling, simulations, build & test prototypes.
- Hands on approach to engineering.
- Knowledge of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods/applications beneficial.
- Lead control and automation design & development of Innvotek’s mobile robotic solutions.
- Test & validate designs/solutions developed, problem solving remedial requirements as required.
- Liaise with client to understand system requirements.
- Support & validate technical developments with required documentation, presentations.
- Design & troubleshoot robot sub-systems & instrumentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and the team to maintain coherent approach to system development.
- Occasional travel to client and test site as required.
- An inclusive, community-driven workplace
- Career progression & home/work life balance
- Salary range £40-50k dependant on expertise
- Company Pension Scheme & 25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com highlighting in the subject line ‘Controls Engineer’
Closing Date: 12th September 2021