Houston Mechatronics, Inc. (HMI), Houston’s leader in robotic and automation systems, is actively seeking a Robotic Software Engineer that specializes in software to help us kick-ass in the market. More specifically, we want you to be a part of our amazing team as we design, develop, and deploy intelligent, automated systems in 3 key markets: Oil & Gas, Electric Vehicles, and Manufacturing.
We’re located in Webster, TX, just down the street from NASA s Johnson Space Center. Our open floor plan and our ‘work hard/play hard’ philosophy encourages an atmosphere of sharing & innovation. The culture here is sure to inspire and entice even the most discriminating of candidates.
To excel in this position, you need to be a dedicated, motivated, and forward thinking individual that seeks to advance the world of mechatronics and robotics. You need to be willing to maximize your skills & training across multiple disciplines. Why? It’s in our name… “Mechatronics” - we’re all about integrating mechanical, electrical, computer science, and information technology. Our customers need to “Know What’s Possible” and that is why they seek our expertise.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great working environment. The focus of our company is to disrupt the status quo and to advance the integration of robotics within our targeted industries.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following credentials:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to build a field deployable robotic system
- Contribute to all aspects of the system software
- Design and implement a robust system architecture
- Support remote field testing
- Experience with ROS
- 3+ years programming with C++ and Python on Linux
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with Gazebo simulation tools
- Experience with a real-world robotic platforms, particularly the ABB industrial robot product line
- Experience with MoveIt!/OMPL/SBPL/ROS-Control or other motion planning software
- Experience in imaging/computer vision/video processing and machine learning
- Experience working in a modern software development environment including experience with continuous integration environments
- MS, Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related field
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Code samples (e.g. links to github projects) are welcome.