Houston Mechatronics Inc has an immediate opening for a Robotics Software Developer on a new robotics system project we are undertaking. We are looking for a motivated and experienced developer, ideally experience with ROS and Gazebo and developing software for field robotic systems.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to build a field deployable robotic system
- Contribute to all aspects of the system software, with particular focus on the system simulation
- Design and implement a robust system architecture
- Support remote field testing
- 2+ years programming with C++ and Python on Linux
- Experience working on a software team
- Excellent communication skills
- BS degree in CS or related field
- Experience with ROS
- Experience with modeling and simulation using Gazebo or a similar physics-based simulator
- Experience with a real-world robotic platform
- Experience working in a modern software development environment including experience with continuous integration environments
- MS degree in CS or related field
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to JD Yamokoski (email@example.com). Code samples (e.g. links to github projects) are welcome.