Mojin Robotics (http://www.mojin-robotics.de) is a spin-off from Fraunhofer IPA and is passionate about developing enhanced Service Robots for various applications in everyday environments, from retail and hospitality to care applications. Combining robotics with semantic dialog systems and artificial intelligence, the company developed a mobile robot that simplifies different areas of life. With its unique technology, it brings the quality of life and work to a new level. The aim is to bring intelligent mobile robotics to everyday environments and enable users to interact with the technology in an intuitive and natural way. Mojin was awarded with the Fraunhofer start-up award 2018. See the robot in action as Robot “Paul” at an electronics retailer
and at german TV Galileo
We are searching for software developers with strong programming skills in C++, python and/or java in linux environments for the following positions:
- Software testing engineer with experience in testing distributed software systems and hardware
- Software developer ROS with experience in developing and maintaining ROS software
- Software developer AI with experience in interfacing and integrating AI systems
- Software developer image processing, person/face detection and tracking
- Robotics navigation expert with experience in developing path planning and localization algorithms (SLAM) for mobile robots
- Software developer speech recognition with experience in speech recognition systems like Google Dialogflow, Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri
- Application engineer ROS with experience in developing complex state machines
- Embedded software developer with strong linux background and experience in implementing low level device control
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years experience in software development.
- Strong C++, python and/or java skills
- Experience in developing software in linux systems
- Proficiency in writing clean, well-organized code with appropriate abstraction boundaries
- Experience in using version control (git) and unittesting/continuous integration
- Experience designing and deploying complex systems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with academic and industrial partners
- Fluent in written and spoken english
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- A plus is experience with real robots in real environment using ROS
You will work in a scrum-based agile development cycle. You will be working alongside founders, researchers, and engineers to design and build first-generation robotic solutions for mass consumer adoption.
Please send your application to email@example.com.