Shinkei builds robotics for fishermen and farmers for longer lasting, better-tasting fish at scale.
- Design real robotics solutions to solve major structural and humanitarian concerns
- Utilize mechanical engineering tools by building a product end-to-end
- Work autonomously in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment from New York or LA
- Have access to a makerspace and financial support
- Frequent travel to industrial and recreational boats e.g. Gloucester, Miami, San Diego, Canada, Mexico
- Have a hand in transforming our relationship with our food
- An innovative mind with a practical bend and an interest in changing the way we consume our food
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Robotics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Background (experience, portfolio, side projects, coursework) in physical prototyping, robotic controls and manipulation and misc. engineering projects
- 3-5 years experience writing production quality C, C++, Python, ROS/ROS2 or misc. firmware in low resource or high-performance environments. Experience with Arduino, microcontrollers or PLCs. Basic software development workflow processes with git.
- Accomplished the full product cycle - from conceptualization to design to release to redesign.
- Creative problem solving with limited resources and engineering constraints.
- Exposure to robotics or embedded systems a strong plus
We program and deploy large fleets of industrial robots using deep learning at every step. We implement of mixture of engineering techniques ranging from vanguard computer vision models to knee-deep mechanical engineering fabrication.
Our team is growing, and we’re open for the best and brightest mechanical and software engineers with a background in autonomous systems/robotics/AI.
Skills: Prototyping, Arduino, C, Raspberry Pi, Embedded Linux, Internet of Things (IoT), Microcontrollers
Come help us rebuild the world’s supply chains from the ground up.
Apply here: Lead Hardware & Controls Engineer at Shinkei Systems | Y Combinator's Work at a Startup. Portfolio, GitHub or similar documentation of past projects strongle supports applications.