Vivid Robotics is looking for a Controls Engineer with proven talent in fast paced controls and software prototyping.
Vivid Robotics is a venture-backed startup building modular robotic systems for the quick service food industry.
Do you love to design, prototype, and test robotic control systems? Do you love to get hands on? Are you ready to join a robotics company where rapid iteration and prototyping is the name of the game? If so, we can’t wait to meet you!
We are looking for Control Engineers with experience in control system design, implementation, and hands-on testing. We are building complex software and control systems that can transform raw ingredients into meals that are delicious, nutritious, convenient, and affordable. If you enjoy working on open-ended control systems problems that balance cost, speed, and accuracy, we want to connect with you.
Here’s a bit more on your day-to-day. You will…
● Design, implement, and test control systems
● Lead development of controls for an assembly line
● Regularly interface with mechanical and electrical teams
● Actively participate in the development, verification, and release of software
We’d love to hear from everyone who’s as passionate about this as we are, but we’re particularly looking for the following:
● BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
● Minimum three years experience in control systems engineering
● Strong fundamental control theory base
● Ability to model and understand physics-based dynamics
● Experience with hardware/software integration and real time communication
● Knowledge of modern software engineering practices and patterns
● Strong knowledge of prototyping methods and success working with rapid-prototyping resources
Bonus points if you have…
● Strong Python knowledge
● Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
● Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS) is a major plus
● Knowledge of industry standards for assembly line controls
● Knowledge of and experience with advanced robotics controls (SLAM, path planning, etc.)
● Experience developing and maintaining a product through all phases of the product development lifecycle
● Experience working in an agile environment
Vivid Robotics is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.