ROS Developers LIVE-Class #69: How to Launch a Robot Simulation with ROS2 (Dashing)
Live Class Link: https://www.twitch.tv/events/hxiwPDWXSne1zcKJsbTRfA
LIVE DATE & TIME
Scheduled for October 15, 2019 @ 6pm - 7pm CEST
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN CLASS #69
In this class, you will learn how to launch a ROS2 Gazebo simulation of a wheeled robot. You are going to understand the differences between a ROS1 Gazebo simulation and a ROS2 Gazebo simulation.
Why is so important to learn this topic?
I’m sorry guys, but you need to use simulations for your robot development. ROS2 is quickly moving to become the standard version of ROS for robots so you need to understand how to simulate robots with ROS2.
We provide full code and instructions during the Live Class to all the attendants
We are going to package all the simulation code, documentation and ROS code into a package that we call a ROSject. We will give it for free to all the attendants, at the beginning of the class.
The ROSject of this live class has been created by Christian Chavez and Ricardo Tellez from The Construct. You can use this ROSject freely as long as you keep this notice.
In this class, we’ll learn:
- How to launch a ROS2 simulation.
- How to compile a ROS2 simulation.
- Which packages do you need in order to launch a ROS2 simulation.
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- ROS Basics
- Not necessary to know about ROS2.
HOW TO JOIN THE CLASS
- FREE event open for everyone, the only thing you may need to do is “set reminder” on our twitch channel.
- We will share the full ROSject (containing robot simulation, notebook with instructions and code) with all the attendants at the beginning of the class. Remember to be on time.
- In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.
If you missed the class, you can find the ROSject files and full-code used in the class at the Robot Ignite Academy: https://www.robotigniteacademy.com