Basic ROS 2 Learning Week
Dates & Time: Monday 2021-05-23T22:00:00Z → Friday 2021-05-27T22:00:00Z from 18:00 to 19:00 CEST every day
Link to the event: https://bit.ly/3fuHDQB
Join us for a full week to learn online how to program robots with ROS 2.
About:During the **Basic ROS 2 Learning Week** you will get the foundations of ROS 2.
- On Day 1 you will learn basic Linux concepts that are essential for ROS2 programming.
- On Day 2 you will learn basic Python3 programming skills required to create ROS2 programs.
- On Day 3 you will learn the basics of ROS2: how to create and compile packages, what are launch files, ROS2 nodes, etc.
- On Day 4 you will learn about ROS2 topics, which are the basis for any ROS2 program.
- On Day 5 you will apply everything you’ve learned to a ROS2 project based on a simulated robot.
The full week you will be practicing with simulated robots on the cloud. You will do free practice with The Construct cloud of robot simulations.
- This intro to ROS2 is for absolute beginners.
- You do not need to know ROS1 to attend.
- You don’t need to install anything in your computer .
- You do not need to know Linux to attend. You will learn it along the week
- You do not need to know Python or C++. You will learn Python along the week
- YOU MUST COME WILLING TO LEARN A LOT! DON’T BE A PASSIVE LISTENER, BE AN ACTIVE PRACTITIONER!
Day 1 (2021-05-24T16:00:00Z): Linux for Robotics
- How to create and access files in a Linux system
- How to create and execute programs in Linux
- How to connect to remote Linux computers
- How to compile a program
Day 2 (2021-05-25T16:00:00Z): Python for Robotics
- How create and execute Python programs
- How to create variables
- How to add functions
- How to use classes in Python
Day 3 (2021-05-26T16:00:00Z): ROS2 Basic concepts
- How to create packages
- How to create nodes
- How to create launch files
- How to run ROS2 programs
Day 4 (2021-05-27T16:00:00Z): ROS2 topics
- How to get sensor data using a subscriber
- How to send commands to wheels using a publisher
Day 5 (2021-05-28T16:00:00Z): Program a Wheeled Robot with ROS2
- Build a full ROS2 project that controls a wheeled robot
- Make the robot avoid obstacles using a laser
- Practice in a simulated i
- Advice on how to continue learning