The next Manipulation WG Meeting / MoveIt Maintainer Meeting will be 2023-09-28T15:00:00Z.
Dial in by Phone (US)
PIN: 490 349 699#
- Sebastian Castro
- Abishalini Sivaraman
- Alex Moriarty
- Cassidy Elliott
- David Yackzan
- Henning Kayser
- Mario Prats
- Marq Rasmussen
- Nathan Brooks
- Paul Gesel
- Sebastian Jahr
[Henning] Logging: Discussion around Fix loggers to publish to /rosout · Issue #2376 · ros-planning/moveit2 · GitHub
- [Mario] Is this only relevant of moveit_core?
- [Henning] No, that’s one of the problems with the current implementation because we need a ROS node everywhere. Abstracting that away could help with that. Another problem with the current logging is that we cannot access it again (e.g. a planner creates an error log message and we cannot access this error message again).
- [Marq] What’s the problem with rclcpp::get_logger(…)?
- [Henning] That does not publish to rosout
- [Nathan] Does this support logging the planning scene?
- [Henning] No, this is only for log message. But it helps to filter error messages. It enables for structured log messages to be published not for debugging actual data.
- [Paul] How about using a singleton with an instance of a ROS node that’s passed around?
- [Henning] Summary: There are four possible solutions:
- Passing node around
- Abstract logging from ROS
- Use singleton with a node
- Fix rclcpp
- [Henning] Please reach out to me if you have know logging examples/ tooling in other applications. I’ll try to make some progress there.
[Sebastian C] Presents the tentative MoveItCon agenda
- MOVEIT COMMUNITY TALKS
- IK solvers and benchmarking [PickNik]
- MoveIt Python bindings [PickNik]
- Kinova Drivers + Tutorial Updates [Kinova + PickNik]
- Latest Developments with NVIDIA’s Isaac Sim: Manipulation, Robot Importers, and More [NVIDIA + PickNik]
- Sarcos Robotics Motion Planning Pipeline with MoveIt Task Constructor [Sarcos]
- Space ROS [Amazon]
- MOVEIT STUDIO TALKS [PickNik]
- Hands-on workshop
- MoveIt Studio for Industrial Pick and Place Applications
- MoveIt Studio in Space Research and Development
- MoveIt Studio as a Developer Platform
- PANEL: Future of Robotics Autonomy Software [PickNik + Invited Guests]