We are happy to announce the release of micro-ROS Galactic!
micro-ROS has become a reliable framework increasingly adopted by industrial use cases, helping several manufacturers to bring ROS 2 into microcontrollers.
micro-ROS Galactic brings many key enhancements and dedicated features for the Galactic Distribution!
As an appetiser:
- ROS 2 Parameter server
- Throughput optimization via continuous fragment mode and Big write (+64 kB) tweak. This out-of-standard tweak allows micro-ROS nodes to publish messages exceeding that 64kB (maximum topic size when publishing and subscribing according to standard)
- Agent multiserial transport. It allows the connection of multiple micro-ROS nodes that use a serial transport to the same micro-ROS Agent.
- Static type introspection handler and C99 type support helpers
- Mbed RTOS 6.8 / 6.9 / 6.10 support and NuttX 10.0 / 10.1 support
- Support for the new Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect, the first Arduino with Raspberry Pi silicon, with WiFi, Bluetooth and built-in sensors
- And much more!
Please, check the full features and platforms supported here!
micro-ROS framework is the result of an EU funded Project. It has evolved acquiring robustness and reliability helping to develop new applications based on extreme resource constrained devices.
micro-ROS supports Galactic using the Fast DDS middleware, Foxy and Rolling.
In order to have a better perspective on where we are, you can take a look at our recently updated ROS 2 feature comparison table.
Stay tuned, micro-ROS keeps evolving!