micro-ROS module for STM32CubeMX!

During the last few days, we’ve been preparing an exciting - though still experimental - plaything: a micro-ROS module for the STM32CubeMX!

FO2289KIZ6BRTLE

The STM32CubeMX is a graphical tool for configuring STM32 microcontrollers and microprocessors. In the case of MCUs, it enables to optimally program and customize the embedded software thanks to a set of utilities that help setting up pinouts, peripherals or middleware stacks in an easy and intuitive way.

This module is based on Dockers and is the new entry to our (unstoppably expanding!) list of modules and components devoted to integrating micro-ROS into external development frameworks and build systems – all made possible by a generation tool returning micro-ROS compiled as a static standalone library.

The micro-ROS/micro_ros_stm32cubemx_utils package will allow the seamless integration of micro-ROS into any STM32 controller based project and, thus, to expand the set of supported platforms to the full collection of boards made available by STMicroelectronics.

As this module is still in a prototypical shape, we warmly invite all micro-ROS fans and enthusiasts to give a helping hand to its rapid and efficient development by offering themselves as beta-testers: we’re open to suggestions and to receiving feedback from anyone who’s up for it!

Have fun!

11 Likes

Great. This is really useful. Good job!

1 Like

WOW!!! Thx @FraFin !!!

2 Likes

Congratulations, and thank you.

Will it work with the STM32L4 based B-L475E-IOT01A? (I already have this one)

What boards would you recommend for a starter?

Best regards,
C.

If there is support for STMCubeMX it should work @altineller! I invite you to follow the instructions and open an issue in the repo with any problem you have during the process.

IMHO B-L475E-IOT01A is a cool board for getting started with micro-ROS.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a B-L4S5I-IOT01A, is it equivalent to the B-L475E-IOT01A?
Looking at their features they are very similar.

Hello , I am try to deep into microRos on stm32( using nucleo f767zi). Some body found UDP transport example? I am working with UART dma and it seems fine, but my main target TCP in my board.