Dear ROS community,
We are proud to announce a new version of our ROS node for the Raspberry Pi camera module here: https://github.com/UbiquityRobotics/raspicam_node .
(See our previous announcement here: Raspberry Pi Camera Node)
Some new features of raspicam_node:
- Support for raw_images in addition to the hardware compressed images
- Better pre-made calibration files for Camera V1 and V2
- Cleaner shutdown due to better memory management (no escalating to SIGTERM)
- Add parameter for selecting the camera id (Compute Module Only)
- Make save button in camera calibration work, by saving/loading from writeable location after package one
- Less memory allocations
- Fix bug where dynamic_reconfigure defaults overrode rosparams
- Less logging noise
- Delete a lot of old code and fix gcc warnings
Contributions and Bug Reports through Github Pull Requests and Issues are welcome.
Thank you to everyone who contributed!