The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen) Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (http://crai.cuhk.edu.cn) is located in Shenzhen, the core engine of Innovation and Technology in the Greater Bay Area, and led by academician XU Yangsheng, IEEE Fellow, internationally renowned robotics and artificial intelligence expert. Inheriting the research accumulation of Advanced Robotics Laboratory of the Chinese University of Hong Kong from 1997, it has a long-term research foundation in robotics, artificial intelligence, smart vehicle, machine vision, and human-machine interface. The scientific research results include a number of internationally renowned robots such as single-wheeled robots, tree-climbing robots, and omnidirectional steering vehicles. The laboratory also has numerous advanced experimental equipment, such as Unmanned Surface Vehicle, Autonomous Driving Car, Quadruped robot, NAO, Baxter, UR5, KINOVA, Opt track Motion Capture system, Microgravity system. The laboratory continues to expand innovation research and cooperation with the industry, and established the National-local joint Engineering Laboratory of Robot and Intelligent Manufacturing, and the Robot Institute of CUHK (Shenzhen). We are welcoming all research elites to join us.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Ph.D. Candidate, Research Assistant
• Robotics: Service robots, Mobile robots, Modular robots, Soft robots, etc.
• AI: Emotion, behavior, and environment perception and prediction, Navigation and manipulation, Multi-robot cooperation, Human-computer interface, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Computer science, automation, mechanical, electronic and other related professional qualifications;
- Work actively, with a strong sense of responsibility, teamwork spirit, good language expression, and communication skills;
- Experience in relevant research projects is preferred.
(More detail about Ph.D. Programme: http://sse-mphil-phd.cuhk.edu.cn/en/basic/281)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to complete research on related topics independently and publish high-level academic papers;
- Assist in accomplishing research projects;
- Assist in the declaration of various funding projects.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send a full curriculum vitae, supporting material together with the information of two referees by email to Prof. LAM, Tin Lun (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(More about Prof. LAM, Tin Lun: https://myweb.cuhk.edu.cn/tllam)