We’re at Acceleration Robotics are hiring a new Hardware Architect.
Design with us hardware architectures for robots. Be part of a team that creates IP that makes robots faster using hardware accelerators (FPGAs and GPUs). Apply here.
Full description: Hardware Architect (Remote)
As a Hardware Architect, you will play a critical role in designing and implementing our robotic solutions and custom computer architectures. You will work closely with our core team spread across Europe and Asia to develop and optimize robot and ROS 2-based software and hardware architectures that enable us to deliver fast and deterministic industry-leading robotic computation solutions to our clients. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in electrical engineering, robotics or related fields, proven knowledge of RTL and C++, familiarity with computer architectures, the ROS 2 (Robotic Operating System) and related technologies (CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs) and be fluent in English.
The position offered is fully remote with opportunities to travel occasionally for gatherings and on-site sprints. Job position depends on our headquarters in Spain.
We value diversity and believe that it is crucial to our success as a company. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and eliminating discrimination in the workplace. We strongly encourage women and other underrepresented groups to apply for this position, as we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences lead to better outcomes. If you identify as a woman or as part of another underrepresented group and meet the requirements for this position, we would like to specifically encourage you to apply.
- Design, develop, and implement robot accelerators for FPGAs and GPUs.
- Collaborate with customer engineering teams to enhance robotic systems’ compute performance.
- Identify hardware acceleration opportunities across accelerators.
- Maintain documentation related to ROS 2-based software and hardware architectures.
- Participate in projects like RobotPerf and contribute to the ROS 2 Hardware Acceleration Working Group (GitHub).
- PhD in electrical engineering, robotics, or equivalent experience.
- Work permit for Spain or Europe.
- Expertise in RTL (Verilog/VHDL) and C++ programming.
- Familiarity with ROS and ROS 2 systems.
- 3–5 years of experience in relevant fields.
- Embedded Linux experience.
- Proficiency in English.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Experience with hardware emulation and testing frameworks.
- Contributions to popular ROS stacks or hardware projects.
- Experience with hardware acceleration frameworks and languages.
Acceleration Robotics and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws in Spain throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
About Acceleration Robotics
Acceleration Robotics is a firm focused on designing customized brains for robots to hasten their response time. Delivering semiconductor building blocks for robots, the company creates custom compute architectures for high performance robots through hardware acceleration solutions while remaining accelerator-agnostic (FPGAs or GPUs) and robot-agnostic. Founded by experts In robotics, Acceleration Robotics has offices in Europe and Asia and serves various leading semiconductor manufacturers of GPUs and FPGAs to make faster robot computations.