Houston Mechatronics, Inc. (HMI), Houston’s leader in robotics and automation systems, is disrupting the status quo and advancing the integration of robotics within the Oil & Gas, Telecomm and Defense markets. Founded by former NASA engineers, HMI is located in Webster, TX, just down the street from NASA’s Johnson Space Center. We are a rapidly growing company and want you to be part of our amazing team as we design, develop, and deploy intelligent, automated systems in our three key markets.
HMI is actively seeking an experienced perception engineer to develop advanced sensor hardware and vision algorithms for object detection, tracking and classification. We’re looking for an expert in real-time robot perception able to use a combination of cameras and other sensors. The candidate should be an expert in high performance sensors, localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification. A strong theoretical background including experience with bayesian statistics and computational neural networks is highly desired.
Successful candidates for this position will have the following credentials:
- BS/MS in Robotics, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
- Excellent C++, Python skills and expertise in integrating machine learning algorithms into an automated system
- Expert in using a combination of high performance sensors to achieve localization, mapping, object detection, tracking and classification
- Experience using machine learning techniques to overcome environmental conditions that limit the application of traditional vision algorithms
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Understanding of perception work in different sensor models such as LIDAR, TOF and optical
- Experience with robot build cycles and hardware in the loop simulations
- Experience writing robust, safety-critical, efficient code
- Experience with Linux
- Worked in an agile environment
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a great working environment. If you’re a motivated engineer with our desired skill set that thrives on solving complex problems in a high-paced, dynamic, team oriented environment, then please apply to join our HMI team!
If you are interested, please apply at the following link: https://goo.gl/N2hxpN