We’re a small team working on a phenomenal application of robotics in the fitness/wellness space, looking for someone who knows how to write safety critical software and is passionate about making systems work together to help us move from prototype to product. You’ll work on advanced robotics applications for a remarkable product that will make people feel great, and once you see what we’re building, you’ll immediately understand why.
Day to day, you’ll get to help us define the fundamentals of software at the heart of our product as a key member of our motion team. You will be responsible for productizing the low level robotics control software stack of our successful prototype and ensuring that what we ship to market reliably delivers a consistent experience every time. This includes everything from design for safety and reliability, motion planning and validation, collaborating with arm manufacturers, and building tools to support content generation for end users. This is not a research role, rather, it’s a hands-on, product development role where you’ll see the results of your output directly reflected in the market.
To be successful with us, you need to be diligent, curious, have a clear sense of urgency, and a willingness to take complete ownership of your code from the system level all the way through deployment.
What we’re looking for:
- A deep background in C++ and Python
- 5+ years commercial software development
- Experience developing safety critical robotics software - including certification
- Minimum BS in CS or an engineering field with a heavy emphasis on software development
- Strong understanding of QNX and Linux and how to manage and deploy your own software
- Strong math skills - relevant to robotic manipulator planning and control
Even better if you have these skills as well:
- Plenty of time spent with ROS1+ROS2 and related libraries
- Working with real-time profiling tools
- Use of safety critical real-time software frameworks and middleware
- Experience developing with Rust
What we offer:
- The chance to make a difference on a product that will make the world a better place
- Early stage equity in a company led by serial entrepreneurs with multiple exits
- Unlimited vacation and covered health insurance
- Super interesting, challenging-but-tractable technical problems to solve
- An environment that empowers individuals and rewards achievement
NOTE: This position is on-site in our offices in NYC or Guadalajara, Mexico