Robotics is your passion? At Fraunhofer IPA in Stuttgart/Germany we offer an exciting position as a
The mission of the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA is to find solutions to organizational and technological challenges, with special focus on the production environment of industrial enterprises. From inception in R&D to pilots in production, we value scientific excellence as much as pragmatic engineering.
For one of our current developments we put our passion into KEVIN - the mobile lab robot. Currently we’re looking for a robotics specialist who can be as passionate about KEVIN as we are. Please follow this link to find more information on Kevin.
The range of research topics and tasks will include:
- Development of automation solution for the lab of the future by means of mobile autonomous robots
- Software deveolpment for robots in ROS
- image processing
- calibration and testing of cameras
- Support at project acquisition
- Participation of product development
- Discours with the scientific community
What we expect from you
- Master´s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Mechatronics or related field, with above average grades and a focus on robotics.
- Excellent analytical and algorithmic skills: clear thinking, clear coding
- Profound knowledge of ROS, Python and Linux
- Pro-active attitude to creating solutions
- Good spatial sense with an understanding of coordinate transformations
- Basics in CAD
- Knowledge in image processing
- Ability to cope with stress, tight schedules, underspecified problems
- Good command of German, written and spoken
Please include with your application: cover letter expressing your motivations and ambitions, your CV, copies of all academic qualifications (including school education) and relevant references and certificates.
What you can expect from us
- Opportunity to pursue advanced software engineering in a range of domains within robotics and automation
- Scientifically diverse working environment in close contact with top researchers as well as with industrial customers
- Career opportunities such as direct responsibility over projects and staff, scientific work towards a Ph.D. degree, and incubation of start-up companies with direct support of our institute
- Exceptionally well-equipped laboratories and work facilities to enable you to implement and validate your ideas, in one of the biggest robotics departments in Europe.
Have we aroused your interest, and would you like to get to know us better? With your application, you have the chance to learn everything about our work in our department during our selection days and to get to know your future colleagues in person. For more information, please check here .
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD). Additionally Fraunhofer may grant performance-based variable remuneration components.
The position is initially limited for 2 years
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
For questions please contact:
+49 711 970-1153